Yesterday was our ' kick off ' meeting for the new IEEE power electronics chapter of the SF bay.
http://ieeesvpels-emailinvite.eventbrite.com/?invite=NzcwNjUvYXNocmFnZXJAZXRtLWluYy5jb20vMQ%3D%3D%0A
I am the elected Chairman - and I have a very good team working with me.( Vice -chair, secratary and treasurer ) . I worked really hard to convince people to volunteer - We also have
events commitee which is in charge of the monthly meetings planning - and more.
Meeting went very well - we also had a guest speaker - the ceo of a company that developed and starts selling flow batteries - which are used to store energy. This is part of the new wave of alternative energy resources - which generate energy - like solar energy or wind energy - but the issue is - how to store th eenergy - so it can be used when you want it - not only when the sun is out or when the wind is strong.
Our website is up and running - needs more work - https://owad001.intermedia.net/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/pels/
One guy in the audience - looked kind of different - had a beard, a small head cover , etc..eventually - he asked me if I speak hebrew - he is from Israel - graduated from the Technion in 1969. I could not convince him to volunteer - his excuse was that he does not speak a very good english...
and other issues...
Kirk will be here tomorrow to pick up Yael's stuff.
Lilly - Our neighbour came today - Linda - the lady with the white BMW - who lives next to John and . She invited us to a party tomorrow for her husband's birthday. She was so sorry to hear that Lilly is not here - since she ' thinks Lilly is a very friendly and nice person " .
That is not all. It is a very very small world - I found out that her husband works for Quality transformers- the company that I work with, in Milpitas.
So, all the people I know will be there tomorrow as well. Will be fun.
Tomorrow I have alot of work to do - clean up the trees...
Good night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Woohoo, ABA! Congratulations on the election!
Post a Comment